Friday, October 23, 2015

Shabby Chic Tray Table Redo



This sad little vintage tole painted table needed some love and care.  It came from Mr. K's family so I felt like I wanted to save it.  This piece would make a really cute shabby chic end table.



There was a lot wrong with it, to start with the front edge was bent and rusted.  The paint had cracked in places.

I straightened the metal tray and gave it a coat of, (you know what's coming) chalk paint, of course, to hide it's many flaws.
French graphic stencil

Then I added a French graphic from one of the stencils I had ordered off Amazon. Next I decoupaged two Eiffel Tower images from paper napkins to the top. 

Paper napkin image

 When everything was dry I lightly sanded the stenciling and high points of the tray.






That's it, done.  Pretty simple transformation.



No comments:

Post a Comment