Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Book for Notes

My next project using the DCWV Le Tres Chic 12" x 12"  paper stack  is a little book for notes.  It contains a 4" x 6" paper pad.



Front Cover

 The notebook is made with 3 pieces of chipboard cut to desired size.  I covered the outside with the small floral pattern.  On the front cover I used the blue stripe with the Eiffel Tower image
and used one of the cut apart tags that I stamped the word "notes" in black.  On the upper and lower corners I added faux metal corner stickers and used Glossy Accents over the word "notes" and "the city of lights" that I had edged in rhinestones.

Inside has left pocket, pen, magnetic bookmark and paper tablet



4" x 6" tablet is removable  

On the left inside cover I created a pocket to hold loose notes and on the right cover I created a large pocket so the tablet is removable and a new one can be added as needed.  The penholder  is a piece of tan grosgrain ribbon inserted through a slit in the paper and glued behind.  The pen is a gel type pen that you can unscrew which allowed me to insert a small piece of paper inside to match the book.

Spine
On the spine I used another sticker from my stash with the word notes on it.  And again I sealed this with Glossy Accents.

Planning to make several of these for gifts in different paper patterns.  They would really make nice teachers gifts or for gift exchanges at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment