Sunday, October 11, 2015

Crafting Secretary Desk

Thought I would give you a peek where I do some of my projects.  

A year ago we made a trip to one of my favorite little towns in Nevada.  Genoa.
I found this little slant front secretary in one of the antique stores.  I could tell it was old.  The wood on the back is all hand planed and the dovetails where hand cut.  
Each one was different not machine made.
  



But the wood was starving for care, it looked so faded.  I cleaned and oiled the wood which brought out the luster and the rich color.  It turned out to be a beautiful piece.







The inside had all these cute little cubbies, too.  I decided to fill each cubby with a handmade box to fit, where I could store supplies. I used one of my favorite paper patterns, DCWV Primrose.
I love this paper pattern so much I purchased 5 or 6 stacks of them.  This paper has such a Shabby Chic look.  I use it on so many projects.  Love the way all my projects coordinate with each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment