Saturday, October 10, 2015

Fast Animal Print Scarf

Argh, woke up this morning with a cold.  Feeling so yucky. 
So today's project is a quick one.



During the summer I went to my local Michael's store looking for some yarn for another craft project. On the way out I took a look into the closeout bin.  
Found this interesting yarn without instructions.   It is sort of an animal print chiffon attached to yarn loops.  What the heck it was only $2.00, in my basket it went. Since there weren't any instructions with this color I attempted to take a peak inside different color skein. 
 I thought  it said to cast on 4 or 5 stitches.

I tried that.  But it was way too fluffy, so I ripped it out and started over casting 3 stitches on my needle and working one stitch in every other loop.


I really like the way it turned out.  Looks like an animal print boa.  Not too fluffy just enough to fill in around the collar to keep out the chill. 


Every girl needs a little animal print in her wardrobe.


Best of all it worked up quickly, too.  
By the time I drank one cup of hot herbal tea for my cold, I had a new scarf. 


No comments:

Post a Comment