Sunday, October 4, 2015

Shabby Chic Doll Cradle


This was a great find at a local community garage sale.  It needed a little work to make it sturdy again. It was priced at $5.00, not bad.

First I removed the bottom piece of plywood and padded it with some light fiber fill batting and covered it with a piece of a tiny pink rosebud print fabric.

Glued all the loose parts and gave it a coat of homemade white chalk paint.

Found a pretty rose print on Pinterest and with Mod Podge glued it to the headboard and coated the print with more Mod Podge.

Added a little metal crown to the headboard.

On the top of each bed post I glued a vintage clear glass button for a little bling.  A girl can never have enough bling.







This is how I found this piece.
My Executive Assistant doing a quality check of my work.




Ready for Teddy Bears or Dolls.






No comments:

Post a Comment