Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Altered Burlap Canvas


This little 5" x 7" altered canvas was fun to make.  I used a lot of odds and ends from my stash.



I distressed the entire canvas with brown distressed ink.  Next I screwed two small eye hooks to the top corners. Then I edged the entire piece with a shabby brown edging from May Road.  

With hot glue I added the blue burlap type trim across the bottom and dark brown rose trim down the left side. I inserted a pearl topped hat pin in the center and glued pearls to the other two.  

On the right side of the piece I glued a clock face  from 7 Gypsies with a train ticket tucked behind and an Eiffel tower tag.  And tucked a little Graphic 45 tag behind the blue trim where I attached a little pink rose applique .  And on top I added a little tag that says 
" Memory is the treasury and guardian of all things."  I highlighted few areas with Stickles


Here I added strip of sparkly paper, a lace medallion and a few pearls



On the bottom I attached a chandelier crystal that I backed with a floral piece of paper.  



No comments:

Post a Comment