Friday, October 30, 2015

Altered Mini Composition Book



This was such a cute idea.
 I saw it on "scrapdaworld" on YouTube and just had to try to make it for notes on my desk.


I went to the Dollar Store and bought a pack of 3 little books.



First thing you do is fold all the pages in half.




After that I cut about 3/4" off sides of the the book cover.



Next I placed the book with the folded pages fanned out on it's side and traced around the cover and pages.  Making the edge along cover into a gentle curve.


Cut 2 from double sided paper

  I covered both the inside and outside cover with paper from K&Company paper book I had in my stash.  

It took 1 piece of 8" x 8" paper for the whole project.


Paper collection I used


I used Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet Distress Ink on the edges of all the paper cuts and on the edge of the folded pages.




This is a picture of the bottom and side with a handmade flowers hot glued onto each side.


Next, I hot glued string pearls to  all around the edges and glued three Mulberry flowers in the opposite two corners of the base and a couple of flat back pearls to remaining two corners.




Cute on your desk for photos, to-do notes or phone numbers, etc.
It reminds me of an old time rolodex.

This item would be nice for teachers gifts or school fundraisers.  You could make a masculine version for male teachers and using a more masculine print paper and jute or twine along the edges.  Then glue tiny footballs, baseballs. fishing lures or keys, etc. to the base.



Happy Crafting.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment