Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Altered Potato Chip Can

Wishing for more of a feeling of Fall in the air.   It is still in the 80's here.  Our little bit of cool weather is gone and it is warm again.  I have all the doors and windows open.  Really need that cooler weather and lots of rain.

For today's project I altered a potato chip type canister.   I covered the can with papers from DCWV Paper, Le Tres Chic 12 x 12 paper stack.  I really love all the different textures in this pack.  Some glitter, some glossy, some matte.

I first covered the front of the can with a floral paper from the pack about 4 inches wide and the height of the can, glued it from top to bottom, then chose the black and pink swirls for the outside.  Meeting in the center  and not gluing at the 4 inches at the top to form the "v" shape where I curled the edge back to reveal the floral paper beneath. I added some pink lace and a pink crystal tied on with some tea stained seam binding.




I placed a pink and black striped print cut about 2 inches tall all the way around the bottom edge. Then used one of the cut apart tags and a couple of paper flowers I punched out, added a rhinestone in the center of each to finish decorating the outside of the can.



Next I cut a circle from the floral paper to fit the lid and added three more punched out flowers with pearl centers and a few leaves from my stash. 

I am using this can to store all the punched out flowers that I have made for some future project.

I am also working on a scrapbook and a book for notes from the same paper paper pack.

And here is another one I made using DCWV Primrose stack.  Love these papers so shabby chic.  I use this one to store my dyed seam binding.

Love it when I get organized.







No comments:

Post a Comment