Sunday, October 18, 2015

Vintage Family Wall Hanging



This is a vintage collage of my ancestors I created.  It measures about 12" x 20".
So many times we keep all the old family pictures stuff in a box or album and never get to enjoy them. I made copies of the original photos so I won't have to worry about them being damaged.


For the base I cut a piece of white foam core board that I covered with two coordinating pieces of glitter designed scrapbook papers from a butterfly collection I have had for quite some time.  I attached the framed picture to the top, the picture on the right I matted and the one on the bottom left I slid the picture behind a belly band that I hung a crystal from attached to a vintage style metal filigree piece.
I have added brown and ivory pearls to the piece and a little bouquet of faux flowers.  At the top I set 2 grommets and tied pink stained seam binding for hanging.
Close up detail of paper



On the left side I attached a piece of tan grosgrain ribbon with 3 vintage style rings.


My Great Grandparents wedding picture about 1840 in Canada.


A later picture of their farm with my Grandfather and his brothers


a picture of my Mom when she was about 17




No comments:

Post a Comment