Friday, October 2, 2015

Altered Laser Die Cut Alarm Clock

Today I made a small shabby chic project.  It is an altered clock made from laser die cuts I purchased from Ginasdesign.net.  She has some amazing die cuts. Here is the finished product it measures just about 6 inches top to bottom.



I used a few cuts from Graphic 45's new Gilded Lily paper pack.  Flowers from Wild Orchid, a Tim Holtz crown at the top plus assorted bling and trims from my stash.


These are some the components before I started.




Here is the clock all glued together with the background paper I printed from Pinterest glued in.  I actually glued the background paper in between the back two pieces of the die cut so all my edges would be totally concealed.  Next I painted all the bare parts with Gesso and when it was dry, I used a Tim Holtz distress marker to tint the entire clock pink.  I added two pieces of background paper to the bells on top cut to fit and then started decorating the piece .


The inside and outside edges I covered with cut apart  borders from the Gilded Lily Paper.



 The image of Marie Antoinette is another find on Pinterest that I printed out and highlighted with Glossy Accents and also used some of Rangers Stickles in a couple of places.


Flower detail.





And here is a close up of the top of the piece where I highlighted the raised areas of the crown with Stickles.


It is ready to hang on the wall or tuck into a shabby chic vignette.






No comments:

Post a Comment