Friday, August 19, 2016

Upcycled Christmas Tag Box



If you saw last week's post about my Christmas Journal then you know I used Christmas tags on the pages and had one leftover.

I decided to make a small vignette ornament out of the leftover box the tags came in and use the one remaining tag.

This box was just too cute to toss away.



The first thing I did was to cover the inside of the box with red polka dot paper.  Then I attached the one remaining tag to the box by glueing several small pieces of foam core board cut smaller than the tag and stacked to lift the tag off the back of the box.


I positioned Santa so he would show through the window on the frond of the box.




I cut the fireplace and Christmas tree to fit in the background and added a piece of Christmas greenery at the bottom.



Next I placed a battery operated tea light in the upper right corner to light the interior of the box.


Then I cut not quite square pieces of paper to form shingles for the roof of the box and glued them in place at the top front of the box in 2 rows.



I cut a Christmas sign from paper and glued that above the window,  and some holly below the window.  For the snow I used some white dimensional paint and sprinkled a combination of clear tinsel style glitter and some fairy dust glitter.  Then highlighted the holly and berries with red and green Stickles.









The back side I covered with large polka dot paper glued on a gold wreath from my stash then another Santa.



Here you can see the tea light lighting the interior of the box.  The box came with a ribbon on the top so this ornament can also be hung.



And here is how it will look on a shelf lit and ready for Christmas.



Happy Crafting!
















No comments:

Post a Comment