Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Eyesore in the kitchen Fixed


The telephone cords for the house come in through the kitchen wall about 5 feet from the floor.  I had forgotten they where there until I move a shelf.

It is really an eyesore now that the shelf is moved.  I was trying to figure out what I could do to conceal it.



Then I remembered I had an empty picture frame that was long and skinny, 
about 6 inches by 18 inches.

I pulled some larger pieces of balsa wood out of my stash and cut them to fit the frame.  



Next I hot glued them to the frame and stenciled a few places to add texture using a bubble wrap image stencil.



In order to raise the frame off the wall so the cords can run behind it I glued the cut off pieces of balsa wood to the sides and added clips to each side piece.




When the stencil was dry I painted the entire piece white with chalk paint.  Then I distressed all the edges of the boards and frame.

I next printed out a picture of a rooster.  


Then I cut the picture into 5 pieces.


The rooster is cut to fit the size of the boards.


After all the pieces where torn I used distress ink on all the edges and used Mod Podge to glue all the pieces in place.  I added a few pieces of gold polka dot washi tape, gold liquid pearls and a few gold ink accents.  I also added a few ephemera pieces.


On the 5th piece of paper I stamped "NOTES" in aqua before gluing it to the board and also more ephemera pieces.



I can't get rid of the wires and connections but I was able to make them a little less noticeable.


Happy Crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment