Thursday, August 25, 2016

Painted Wooden Cart





Oops!  I forgot to take a picture before I started staining the top of the cart.

This handy little cart has been passed around the family since I put it together in the 1980's.

It was just time to give it a fresh new look.

I used a dark gel stain to color the top of the cart.



The bottom I painted white to match the kitchen.



After the cart was dry I decided to use it to hold the dishes we use fro everyday meals.
I hung the matching cups from a rack above and ordered bronze colored stands to hold the dishes.

I then needed to relocate the phone higher up on the wall  to make room for the dishes.



You can see my framed gold ribbon in the picture frame I won for best desert at an event I entered when I was working as a pastry chef many years ago.  Finally managed to get that framed.



I also change the knob from the original wooden one to a bronze colored one to match the rest of the kitchen knobs. Then I hung the wooden rack above the cart that dispenses the foil and paper towels, etc.  I think I will take that down and paint it white, also.  First I need to go to the store to buy more paint.

This makes a nice little command center for everyday dishes and storing items that are used often.


Happy Decorating!






No comments:

Post a Comment