Friday, August 26, 2016

Altered Tin Cans



I have saved several empty tin cans so I decided to alter 3 of them.

I started with just a plain tin can.  Some bling by the yard, burlap ribbon, handmade flowers and chalk paint.

  

The first thing I did, after removing the label and washing and drying ,was paint the cans white. 

Then when they where dry I used my hot glue gun to glue on the burlap ribbon, bling and flowers.

 That's it.  A Simple fast project with a big wow.

These are great for flowers or holding pens or art brushes on the desk.  Or on the vanity for holding makeup brushes.  Lot of uses and so little cost to make these pretty containers.


Now that I have the easy project out of the way I will begin a huge project next week.

We went to the Habitat for Humanity Restore in our area and I found 3 pieces of furniture I plan to paint and use to store my dish and glass collection.  That is the same collection I had to pack in boxes to clear the way for the new refrigerator. So this is the perfect time to buy new cabinets while everything is in boxes.  I can wash them all and put them in a nice new  to me cabinets  Plus it will be so nice to have a place to have things where they are easy to see and easy to use.

The first one is a china hutch plus two tall cabinets.  I think I will put one on each side of the china cabinet.

It took us 4 trips to the Restore to pick up all the pieces of furniture.  Two cabinets and the 2 piece china hutch.  Good thing we don't live that far away. 

On the way home I stopped at the big box store to buy primer and paint.

I love to collect dishes and glassware.  But really haven't had a good place to store my collection.  I have had them stored on shelves.  Not very practical and they were not safe from my cat or Mr. K.

So I hope what I have in mind will look as good as I am imaging.  And also these will keep everything safe in cabinets behind glass.

All 3 cabinets have light fixtures and china hutch has glass shelves to help show my collection. Now I need to figure out what size lights each cabinets requires.

I am sure this new project will take several days to complete.  Stay tuned for pictures next week.

Happy Crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment