Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Textured Wallpaper Cone.



I decided I wanted something shabby chic to hang from my mantel. So I looked around my stash to see what I could use.  While looking through my supplies I came across a scrap of textured wallpaper leftover from my kitchen project.

I cut out a cone shape .  My cone measures about 14" long.  After I cut out the shape I measured the top and cut scallops along the edge for added interest.




Around the cone a few inches from the top I hot glued an off white lace, then added flat back pearls and a few blush leaves with white flowers.



On each side of the center I attached two cameo brads.  I also went around the entire scalloped edge with Stickles glitter.  And at the center front I glued on a large handmade white chiffon flower.


I also added lace to the bottom of the cone.


On each side at the top I put a grommet to thread some seam binding through to make a hanger.


And here it is hanging from the mantel with a bouquet of white and blush colored flowers.




Happy Crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment