Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Altered Ballerina Picture




Last weekend was very pleasant.   The weather was perfect for enjoying the outdoors.
Saturday I lunched with a bunch of gals I have known most of my life, since middle school.
It was so great to see them and catch up on all their news.  We don't get together often enough but so glad we do stay in touch.  We enjoyed a nice lunch on the patio at a local restaurant.

Today's project is an altered picture of a ballerina, tutu and all.

I started with a vintage picture of a ballerina I found on Pinterest. What did we ever do without Pinterest?


The first thing I did was to paint a green frame roughly with pink then dry brushed with white.  Next I distressed the frame and added bling around the frame for a little sparkle.

I resized the ballerina picture to  give a white border around the image.



Then I coated the picture with Mod Podge, using a stippling technique for a vintage effect.  Then waited for that to dry.


On the bodice I glued a small piece of embroidered fabric added two vintage rick rack straps and a few crystals across the top.  At the waistline I hot glued two pieces of dark pink velvet ribbon and a few roses.  I also glued a tiny rose bud to the bonnet on her head.


For her tutu I layered a ruffle of dress pattern tissue, two layers of off white gathered lace and a row of gathered netting where I glued more tiny rosebuds. 



I also added some sparkly glitter to her ballet slippers under the netting skirt.


I finished the back with a co ordinating paper.  I still need to attach the picture hanger to the backside.



And her she is all finished.  Wouldn't she be perfect on a little girl's wall?  I am thinking of adding a cut out scroll in the bottom right corner and the word "Dream".  I'll see how that will look before I decide to make it permanent.





Happy Crafting!






No comments:

Post a Comment