Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Nature Shadow Box - Part 1



We are having a reprieve in the weather.  It was actually under 100 again today and tomorrow is forecast to be even cooler, Yeah!

A few months ago while shopping at Costco I decided to buy a black leather purse.  


When I got home and took the purse out of the box a light went on.  Wouldn't that box make a terrific shadow box.  It was sturdy, so I set it aside until I could come up with a design idea.

 Well,  I finally decided to go with an insect nature theme.

Here is the empty box that I saved.




So I looked through my computer and came up with images of 3 insects, a dragonfly, a butterfly and a  bee.  I sized them to fit the box and glued each on onto a lightweight chipboard.

Next I highlighted the edges and wings with Glossy Accents  I also printed out 3 words I sized to resemble tiles.  Dream, Beauty and Wish.


After the glossy accents was dry I cut each image out.  But first I tested the size to make sure they would all 3 fit in box.  I also altered the box by cutting off the edges at the top and bottom and fitting them in the bottom to support a shelf that I will insert at the bottom of the box.



Here you can see how I used the cut off pieces to support the shelf.  I haven't yet decided if I will leave this as a shelf or make it into a drawer.  Stay tuned to see how this project develops.




I rummaged through my stash and pulled out a few things I thought might work with my theme.

Not quite sure which pieces I will use.  This is really a work in progress.  And this is much more time consuming than I planned for.  Oh well, this will be interesting to see how this turns out, I only have a  loose idea of how I want be complete this box.



I have plans to use this Graphics 45 craft paper sheets to cover the box itself.  That's it until tomorrow.





Happy Crafting!






No comments:

Post a Comment