Thursday, July 28, 2016

New Shabby Chic Clock



While visiting one of my favorite blog sites,  Shabby Art Boutique I can across a lovely clock face.

I knew right away that it would make a great clock with a wooden clock blank I have been saving for years.  Just waiting for the right image.  And I finally found it.

Here is the wooden clock blank I started with.


I began by painting this clock blank and feet white.

front

back
For the second coat I used a pale aqua paint.


While these where drying I prepped the clock face.

I sized the clock face to fit the blank then I glued it to a circular piece of foam core board.  I cut a border from patterned paper to cover the edge , then cut the center whole and glued vintage baby rick rack around the edge.



On the face of the clock I stippled on Mod Podge.



Next I used air dry clay and a mold to make the medallion.  When it was dry I painted it white then aqua.




Next I added papers cut out to fit around the clock face.  On all the edges I used distress ink to give a vintage look.  I also glued the feet to the bottom.






I glued more paper to the back just in case I stand the clock where the back can be seen.


I also cut a piece of balsa wood to cover the back opening that will swivel to change the clock battery.  And covered that with matching paper.


To decorate the top of the clock I glued 3 vintage drawer pulls, 2 porcelain and 1 glass,  topped with a little bling and pearls.


Next I glued 5 Czech glass beads at the paper edges and intersections.






And here it is, love the look.  
Now I just have to decide in which room I am going to use the clock.



Thanks again Kerryanne at Shabby Art Boutique for the wonderful clock face image.





Happy Crafting!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment