Friday, July 29, 2016

Shabby Chic Christmas Deer




Awhile back I found these 2 little wooden deer at the thrift store.  I paid $.50 each.  I thought I would make the pair of shabby chic momma and baby deer.



The first thing I needed to do was to remove the glue from the larger one.  That was a tough job.  I ended up, very carefully, using an Xacto Knife to carve and chip away all the glue.

Next I gave both of them a coat of white chalk paint.


Then I choose a rose patterned napkin from my stash and carefully separated the top printed layer from the bottom to layers.


After that I cut and tore the motifs I decided to use for the project.


Then using Mod Podge I glued the roses and buds in a pleasing design.  

I also glued three flowers to the back shoulders of the momma deer and 1 flower by her ear.




I gave them both a complete coat of Mod Podge and let them dry.

For their eyes I glued teardrop shaped black crystals to the baby and 2 black heart crystals for the momma.


Happy Crafting!




1 comment:

  1. Love your two incredible deer, you made them something so special. Putting napkin images on them makes both so different and pretty. Keeping them simple was perfect. Have wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete