Sunday, May 15, 2016

Altered Coffee Canister




Awhile back while visiting with family I rescued this canister before it landed in the trash. I got some really strange looks for wanting to collect trash.  But I knew right away what I wanted to do with it.
I had a vision of how to alter it for storage. It is one of those red Folger's canisters with the black lid.

For the color palette I decided to go with pink and black.  Before I started painting I made sure it was clean and dry, next I scuffed the entire outside lightly with an Emery board to give the paint something to cling to.   You could also use fine sandpaper.  

Here you can see it getting it's first coat of paint.


While the paint was drying I worked on the lid. I used this pretty black and white floral from Heidi Swapp collection.  I measured the top and cut out a circle.


I distressed the edges with pumice stone and glued the paper to the lid.






Next I cut out a couple of swirls and labels on my Big Shot Machine and glued the swirls to the lid.




Then I added a fluffy white fabric flower, from my stash, that I made. 


I used hot glue to glue the flower to the lid along with a butterfly I punched from black paper, I also added 2 pink rhinestones to the butterfly.



Next I glued the label to the front with another butterfly.






Love my knew storage container.  Now I just need to find some local friends that use this coffee so I can make a whole set of these.  Anyone local use Folger's Coffee?  I would gladly pick them up.




Happy Crafting!
















No comments:

Post a Comment