Friday, May 27, 2016

Digital Joural




Today was such a beautiful day.  I washed laundry and hung it outside to dry in the sun.  I only use the dryer if we have long periods of rain.  Usually I can hang my laundry outside almost the entire year here in California.

Today's post is VERY long.  We recently bought a new laser printer.  I love to make journals but have never bought a digital version online.  So I found a really nice one on Etsy and printed it with our new printer.  It printed out with gorgeous colors and great detail.

I ended up using about a 2' spine and 4 signatures.


Cover

Here is a selection of the pages I printed.  First thing I did was cut out all the pages and extras.


The digital kit I downloaded was from "The Covered Chipboard" store on Etsy.  This kit is called "Analise Printable 5 x 7 Journal.  I love the colors, muted greens and dusty rose.


I chose an assortment of chipboard cutouts from my stash.



Printed a few photos from my files. Dug through my ephemera bits and put the journal together.


Measured the pages and cut my cardstock to measure 5 x7 when folded.  I measured the cover to be about 1/2" larger than the pages.



I aged the pages with distress ink and adhered them to my binding and glued the pages in pace.


Next came the embellishments.  I ran the chipboard pieces through my Xyron and added silver glitter then ran through again to make the chipboard into stickers that I adhered throughout the journal.

For the cover I used 3 piece of black chipboard, two for the covers and one for the spine.
Below you can see the pages.  Some are single others have pockets with tags.




page with pocket and tag






 There are lots of tuck spots and tags.










 I cut out trim for the single pages that I punched with Martha Stewart punch.








Lots of journaling spots and places for photos. The two long tasseled cords can be used for bookmarks.




spine




Happy Crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment