Monday, May 30, 2016

Pretty in Purple Necklace



A few months ago I went to a craft fair.  One gal was selling handmade beads.  She had buckets of each color.  I picked through the container and found 13 purple and black beads with the intention of making a necklace and a pair of coordinating earrings.

That was last Fall.  They just sat in my studio, I couldn't decide on a design until the other day I printed out a sheet of inchies and saw the corset design.  I thought it would be perfect for a focal point on this necklace.

Then I went through my stash of beads and found a few crystals, some chain, some Czech glass beads, and some metallic type square seed beads.  Below you can see the layout for my design.



These beads are so pretty and vary in size.  I love the colors, too.



And here are the beads I set aside for the earrings.



The metallic square seed beads.  Depending on how the light hits them you can see purple in the gold finish.


Focal point bead assemblage. 



Purple corset from the inch designs coated with Glossy accents and a crystal for a little bling on an antiqued brass setting, also from my stash of bead making supplies.

This was the first thing I printed on our new laser printer.  The detail is amazing compared to an inkjet printer.  And this was on just plain piece of copy paper.






Here I have the main part of the necklace strung on beading wire.  I planned to add a jump ring to each end to attach to a long piece of the chain.





Focal piece added and chain.



 Earrings completed.



The completed set.  I really love the square beads with the larger purple round beads.


Happy Crafting!











No comments:

Post a Comment