Monday, November 28, 2016

Small Pinecone Wreath





I have been saving small pine cones from a neighbors tree for several years.  I now have a big bucket of these little pine cones and the tree has been cut down.

This year I decided to make a small wreath.  I began by gluing a brown colored scrapbook paper to the front side of a piece of white foam core board.

After the glue was dry I traced a large and a smaller plate onto the brown paper and cut it out with a sharp cutter.



Once my form was cut out I began adding the small pine cones with hot glue.




When I had all the pine cones glued to the form I used some of my shipping paper and twisted it into a rope that I glued to the inside  and outside edges.


This completely covered the white foam core edges.

backside of wreath


Next I lightly brushed on some faux snow to the edges of the pine cones for a snowy effect.



To the bottom center I added a natural colored little bottle brush tree and added more snow around the base. 



 Then I added a bit of vintage lace to the top to act as a hanger.  I also glued a little silver bling to the tree.


Happy Crafting!










No comments:

Post a Comment