Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Shipping Paper Tree





When I receive a package stuffed with packing paper I put the paper aside for later projects.  

I had a huge stack of it ready to make my tree.  





It took about 25 feet of paper rolled into a coil for my 13 inch tree.

The base for the tree is a cardboard cone made by Darice.




I also used pearls, faux snow, chalk paint and vintage lace.





I tore my packing paper roughly 6 inches wide.


Then I  twisted the paper into a rope as I glued it to the form.



Using hot glue I began at the bottom edge and spiraled to the top covering the entire cone.




When I came to an end of the coil I inserted the new coil into the old coil and tacked inside with hot glue.  And continued to coil and glue the paper rope to the cone.






Here is the entire cone covered with the paper rope.  You could leave it like this for a rustic tree with a paper rope star at the top.  But I wanted to decorate my tree further.


I inserted a pearl encrusted stick pin I made into the top of the tree for the tree topper.




Using an almost dry paint brush I stroked chalk paint down the sides of the tree just hitting the high points.




When this paint was dry I continued decorated the tree.


I glued 4 pieces of the vintage lace to the top of the tree.



And secured the lace to the bottom inside of the cone with hot glue pulling it snuggly down the sides.



Next I randomly added the faux snow in places around the tree.




And lastly I glued two sizes of light pink pearls, to match the tree topper, as ornaments.





Oh no, there is my assistant checking out my progress to the left.  I didn't even know she was watching me.  I was having a hard time getting a good background for a picture. So I took several pictures with different backgrounds trying to get a good shot.





Happy Crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment