Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Updated Vintage Phone





This phone has been in the family since the 1970's.  It is a working phone but I was tired of the vintage flowers on the base.  It still has my Mother's old phone number on the label.





I decided a little bling would do the job of updating this cute vintage style phone.

I ordered blue crystals to match the blue of the phone.  

I used 1/4" score tape to glue on the crystals. I started by placing the score tape around the edge.




Then I place the stones one at a time around the bottom onto the core tape and pressed firmly.



I also glued a single stone to the center of each flower.



Next I repeated the process around the dial.  I also added 3 stones to the gold cradle of the phone.




To each end of the hand set I glued a large white flat back pearl.


Love the new look.  Not a lot of change just enough to give it a little updated look.



Happy Crafting!







No comments:

Post a Comment