Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Christmas Shovel Repainted




It was about this time last year that I bought this decorative shovel at an estate sale.  It took awhile but I finally decided how I wanted to repaint it.

It was OK, but I wanted it to be more whimsical.


Here is what I began with.



I used 3 colors of acrylic paint, orange, black and green plus black and white chalk paint.

I like to use paper plates for my paint palate.  A lot of the time I can let it dry completely when I am done and just peel it off the plate and use it again.



The first thing I did was to paint the metal portion black and let it dry.


Next I added the shape of the snowman's face with white chalk paint leaving the edges a little feathered and let that dry.  I applied a pretty thick coat to give it some texture.


I painted the nose on the raised area of the shovel with orange and added black eyes and mouth.


At the top I painted greenery on each side of the head with the green paint.




Next I tied a red snowflake ribbon to the top of his head.



And added faux snow to the greenery and the face.



And here he is all dressed for the Christmas season.



Happy Christmas!









No comments:

Post a Comment