Monday, November 7, 2016

New Thrift Store Finds



I went to my favorite Thrift Store half price off day and found a few things I had been wishing for.

The store is up in the mountains, so it is always a lovely drive.  And draws people from all over the area.  Next week will be their annual Christmas Sale.  Oh what fun.




I have been wanting one of these Stampin Up rolling stamps.  This set was only $1.25 and has stamps for 4th of July, Christmas and roses.  It even had an unopened ink pad.  There was a Santa rubber stamp also in the container I found the rolling stamp in.




Love these wooden rings for $1.00 each.  They fit around decorator collector plates, adding a frame around the plate.  So pretty.




Then  there was this little plate for  $.25 and a few glass candlesticks for crafting.  The rose is so pretty.  I love plates with roses and am always on the lookout for stray pieces like this one. 



I thought these little drawers would be perfect in the bathroom to store small hair items like hair clips and bobby pins once I paint it.



For the tray I plan to paint and tile the bottom with some tiles I found at Home Depot for $.50.

In the picture below I did a dry run to see how the tile would fit.  This will be perfect in the kitchen by my coffee station.  Another project on the horizon.  But with the Holidays approaching so quickly who knows when I will get to this makeover.


I spent under $20.00 for my entire haul.  But what I haven't shown yet is the best piece of all.  I knew when I saw it that it was a very nice item.  But had no idea just how nice until I got home and looked up the price.  On a site that sells these Howard Miller clocks with Piano style finish each clock was priced well over $100.00.  What?  I couldn't believe it and I only paid $1.50.

Here is my prize for the week. The wood is so beautiful.  Totally amazed by this find.



Happy Hunting!












No comments:

Post a Comment