Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Shabby Chic Tray Redo



I have had this boring brown wood tray forever.  I knew one day I would finally get around to giving it a makeover .



The first thing I did was to go on Pinterest and find a few images I wanted to use.  Then I decided on the sizes and resized the images using Picasa.

Here is the tray with one coat of pink chalky paint.  After the paint was dry I gave the sides a second coat of paint leaving the bottom with just one coat as I was going to cover the whole area with the images anyhow.


And then using good old Mod Podge I glued my images to the tray.  And let it dry.  

Next I mixed a peachy pink paint and using a small brush blended the edges of the images.

When the Mod Podge was dry I gave all the images another coat of Mod Podge and left brush marks in a criss cross random pattern.  Since it is impossible for me to get a smooth finish I decided a random pattern look better.




And here is the finished.  I will probably give the whole tray a coat of sealer and it will be ready to use.



Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment