Monday, January 4, 2016

Dollar Store Clock



How time flies.  Can you believe it is the 4th of January already?

And speaking of time, today's project is a clock.



Here is what you will need:

Frame with back stand
old CD
clock works, battery operated
embellishments of your choice


I went to the Dollar Store and purchased a white frame, removed the glass and drilled a hole through the backboard where I wanted the clock works to be located.

Next I covered the backboard with a vintage graphic and added a couple of vintage stamp stickers.  Assembled the clock and secured it to the back with hot glue.


Then I went on Pinterest and found a clock graphic that I sized to fit the CD, glued it to the CD and added several embellishments. I glued my decorated CD on the bottom left corner .   There is enough clearance that the clock hands pass under the CD.  For the numbers I glued various sizes and colors of rhinestones in place where the numbers would be located.

I also added a flower and coffee dyed seam binding in the upper right corner.



Here is a close up of the embellished CD glued to the frame.




As you can see I distressed the frame and mat.  I used a dry brush to add copper and brown acrylic paints and blended them out with a soft cloth to give my clock an aged well travelled look.

I have this clock in my computer room that is decorated with vintage travel photos, old movie posters and black and white photos of movie stars of the past.  So the vintage travel theme fits perfectly. Looks great by my Casablanca movie poster.



Happy Crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment