Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Coffee Filter and Candy Wrapper Flowers



While attending a vintage fair I spotted this single old bed spring and decided I just had to have it.

It can be used in so many ways.  This time I decided to marry it with an Eiffel Tower style flower vase and fill it with handmade paper flowers.



I created the large flowers out of tea dyed coffee filters and the small brown ones
I created out of brown candy wrappers I have been saving from candy we ate during the Holidays.

I try to reuse as much as I can and make something decorative out of stuff that would otherwise be in the landfill.



The edges have been distressed with ink.

For the dark brown flowers I stacked the mini candy liners, inserted a wire with a loop on one end to keep the wire from pulling all the way through.  Then I used brown floral tape to cover the wire and snipped the paper to look like carnations.




I did the same thing with one of the coffee filter flowers.





The other 2 coffee filter flowers I stacked the filters and cut the edges in a scallop pattern before inserting the hooked wire.  I gathered the filters around the wire and covered them with brown floral tape, also.
At the top of the spring I tied some tea dyed seam binding in a bow and added some string pearls.

This was an easy very inexpensive bouquet.  Under $5.00.  And a nice change for winter.


Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment