Friday, January 15, 2016

Fun Found Object Necklace



This was a fun necklace to collect the items and put together for a very casual piece to where with jeans and a T-shirt.


 The focal item is an antique wooden silk thread spool that I covered with a tiny paper tag and a bit of sparkly fiber.



I coated the whole spool with Mod Podge to preserve the wood and the writing on top.



The  paper tag I glued to the other side of the spool says, "A thing of beauty is a joy forever."



I also used an old token from the former PG&E trolley that ran in town around 1915.



A little skeleton key where I added a couple of rhinestones and a very old Chinese bone charm.



I always collect small interesting items never knowing where I can put them to use.  I have a little box I fill with all kinds of interesting little odds and ends.

 You just never know how some little charm can be just the perfect item to add to a project.    These have been in my stash for years until one day I was playing around and put them all together to form my cute little necklace.


Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment