Friday, April 15, 2016

Vintage Shabby Chic Swivel Frame



I love it when I find one of those old vintage swivel picture frames.  I never pass one up in a thrift store if it has a reasonable price.

Sometimes you find a cool vintage picture and other times they are empty.

This project is super simple, I started out with an empty brown frame.




I took the glass out and carefully cleaned it, the edges are really sharp.

Next I painted the entire piece with white chalk paint.  Then I went to my scrapbook papers and decided to use this French themed paper.  I used a couple of pieces of paper to make a collage to fit the frame.  Replaced the glass and secured the backing to hold the picture in place.

On the left side I made a white tulle net ruffle and hot glued the ruffle to the side.

That is it, simple, pretty and easy. Perfect for a bedroom or vanity table.



Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment