Thursday, April 14, 2016

Tiny Arched Mirror



This is another find from the estate sale from before last Christmas.

It is a very small arched mirror.  Again it was in pretty bad shape. with chips and dings and scratches.  But the glass mirror was in perfect shape.

So out comes the chalk paint.  I painted to match the angels I painted yesterday.
 And yes, I finally was able to get a good picture of all three.

Here is the poor little mirror before.



I taped the mirror with painters tape and got started.


Again painting it white and covering about 98 % of the original finish.  
after that dried I highlighted the piece with pink chalk paint.  And when that was dry I misted the piece with the pearl mist I created by mixing pearl acrylic paint with alcohol in a mister. 

If you make your own mists remember to shake often to keep the mixture consistent.

There was a hole in the top of the mirror, something was missing.  I placed a tiny pink rose that covers the hole perfectly.



And here are all 3 on the shelf  at the top of my stairs with the mirror hanging in the background.




Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment