Friday, April 8, 2016

Pretty Little Box



I needed to run a couple of errands today, so not much progress on organizing my workroom.

I did have a few minutes this afternoon so I decided to make a little box for all the little things that can collect on a desk, like erasers and paperclips.  Just wanted to make a little something pretty to keep my desk tidy.

Used a deckle edged cutter on the lids bottom edge for interest.

I started with just a plain cardboard box that jewelry comes in.
My box measures 4" x 4 1/4" x 1 3/4".


Next I covered the box in this mercury glass paper I got after Christmas at Michaels for half price.  I decided to use the rose gold colored paper.




Once I had the entire box covered with the paper I added the filigree piece with hot glue on the center top and the acrylic clear mini knob.



Here is the knob on the box with filigree piece and a couple of teardrop rhinestones, also glued on the top.





All ready to get to work collecting all the little stuff that can clutter a desk.


punched Martha Stewart medallion glued on inside of lid.


I glued 3 mm white string pearls around the bottom edge of the box.  Then hot glued 8 mm pink pearls  in each corner for feet to match the rose gold color.

Nice inexpensive container to pretty up my new computer desk.


Happy Crafting!












No comments:

Post a Comment