Thursday, April 21, 2016

Our New Patio Set




While browsing Craigslist I found a beautiful 5 piece conversation set for our patio complete with beautiful cushions.  I had been wanting a new set, ours had lasted over 20 years.  So it was time to get a new set and these were in terrific shape all they needed was a little spray paint touch up.  And best of all the price was ridiculously low for this gorgeous set.  Under $300.00.

I have been looking in the big box stores but all the sets like this one where $700.00 to a $1,000.00 or more.
No way am I paying that much for patio furniture.


You can see in the before shot the worn finish

We rushed right over in the rain to pick up the set and loaded the 5 pieces plus cushions into our SUV.    It was a tight fit but thank goodness the seller gave us a bungee cord to keep our back hatch closed.  I learned my lesson always keep bungees in the car.  This set was much larger than it looked on Craigslist.
Besides who else would be out in the rain buying a patio set.  I know if the weather cleared it would be gone in an instant.

Structurally this set was in perfect shape.  So off to the big box store for paint.

before

Getting ready to paint.  The finish is dull and worn in places.  I knew a coat of paint would bring new life to this gorgeous set.




I bought 3 cans of Rustoleum Paint with Primer in oil rubbed bronze.  I only needed 2 cans on the furniture and will touch up a few other things around the yard with the 3rd can.



First I wiped all the pieces down to make sure to remove any dust or dirt.
It took very little time to spray these since the colors were so close I only needed one coat to freshen them up.


Now it looks like a brand new set.

after


And the cushion color was perfect matches everything else we have in they yard.

It is almost time to sit back and enjoy the summer.  



Happy Gardening!


No comments:

Post a Comment