Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Shabby Chic Basket



Alright, it actually managed to get hotter today.  Supposed to be 103 degrees today and cool down a couple of degrees tomorrow.  Wow, now that is a cooling trend, Not.

So while hibernating in the AC today I decided to give a basket a make over.  Have been planning to do this for quite some time.

I have a few of these baskets.  I just love the shape and the fact they have lids.  They are also quite large.  

I plan to use mine for storage.  Possibly to store napkin rings.  Hum, will have to give that some thought.



I began this project by spray painting the basket white.  Then I choose a scrap of fabric from my stash to line the inside.  Once I had the shape I wanted I used my hot glue gun to glue the fabric to the top edged.  Then glued a row of ruffled lace at the top to cover where I glued the fabric to the basket.

fabric glued inlace before lace added

I glued a doily to the handle for decoration.



Then on one lid I added a couple of pieces of lace fabric and topped that with a variety of flowers, hat pins, pearls and crystals along with a big satin bow.  I also glued a row of ruffled lace along the outside top edge.



 I made tag from from several different layers  
of paper and images glued to one another, punched a hole, added bakers twine and tied this to the handle.




On the opposite lid I added another fluff of lace fabric and to this I glued a few more flowers. On the basket top between the lids I added 3 metal embellishments topped with flat back pearls.


And here is the finished basket ready to go to work as a cute storage basket.



Happy Crafting!










No comments:

Post a Comment