Monday, June 27, 2016

Refreshed Terrarium






Mr. K is off to a concert with a buddy so I am happily home working on the project for today.

Now that summer is here I am trying to give everything a fresh coat of paint that I have been neglecting for some time.

And this little terrarium is no exception.  When I first bought it I loved it,  But last winter I forgot about it and left outside on the patio.  Needless to say it suffered from the weather even though it was under cover.


Originally I had wanted to remove the glass to paint it but upon further investigation I notice it would have to be taken completely apart.  And that would be too difficult to tackle.  Well, taking apart would be a breeze but getting it back together would be another story.  So instead I washed the glass inside and out.  That made it look cleaner all ready.  Next comes the paint.



I painted it inside and out with a small paint brush.



Wow, this looks really nice.  Can't wait to fill it with something pretty.




Now my little terrarium is back to it's pretty self and serves as a new home for this cute little royal bird (notice the crown) and nest.


Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment