Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Vintage Style Paris Map Wall Hanging



I found this map poster of Paris at a local vintage fair and decide to make it into a wall hanging.
First thing I did was cut a piece of foam core to fit the map.  I glued the map to the board, then I glued a piece of trim to the top and added a piece of chain for hanging.


Along the bottom I added a gorgeous piece of lace and a couple of lace medallions at the sides. One corner I added a mini yardstick and to the other I added a vintage wooden light bulb. I also added 2 chipboard Eiffel Towers to each side I  painted dusty pink.



Handmade flowers and lace where added to the corners with a touch of cheese cloth.  
I distressed the edges of the map with brown distress ink and sealed the whole map with Mod Podge.


In the center I added a pair of metal wings I lightly brushed with white paint and a pearl centerpiece for bling.  Along the strip of trim I added white string pearls.  On the trim I used the dry brush technique to paint some gold touches to match the centerpiece.


Above the map I painted this wooden sign white, added the word "Paris" and decoupaged flowers to each side.

I originally found this sign in a second hand store.  It was painted blues and just a bit beat up.

This sign made the perfect topper for my Paris wall hanging.







No comments:

Post a Comment