Friday, December 18, 2015

Altered Tin

This is an altered Altoid tin with a Paris theme that sits on my desk.

I used alcohol ink in brown to dye the sides of the tin.
On the front I decoupaged an image from Pinerest that I sized to fit using Picasa, then added a few pink mulberry flowers and a couple of white stamens.  On the edge I used a bronze colored glitter glue for a little sparkle.
I also scattered a few clear rhinestones around the image.

For the inside I glued a couple more images from Pinterest that I sized to fit.
And inside the lid I glued a few more mulberry flowers.  Again I used a brown alcohol ink to age the inside of the lid and edges of the images.

I glued a vintage style brown paper to the bottom to co ordinate with the other colors of the piece.  When everything was dry I gave it the piece a coat of Mod Modge.

I found this mini version of Paris on Pinterest, sized it to fit, cut out and distressed to edges
 to give it a used and loved appearance as though it had been played with many times.

It is just a fun little piece that makes me smile when I see it standing on the top shelf of my work desk.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment