Thursday, December 17, 2015

The Tree is Up



Wow, I never realized how difficult it was going to be to catch up with Christmas after being away for the first half of the month.

Finally got the tree up last night, now to finish with shopping and wrapping and cooking.  Oh no, time is running too fast.

It is hard enough when I have 25 days, now with only less the 15, help.    I am not complaining, just amazed how quickly time flies.

So, this year will have to be the bare minimum for decorations.  I haven't even had time to put any lights up outside.  Instead I decided to just put a string of white lights in our front window for               
this year.  I know the kids across the street are going to be disappointed because they always look forward to seeing our lights from their bedroom windows at night.  Sorry guys, not this year. 


I have been playing Christmas songs on SiriusXM to get the sounds of Christmas to fill the house.  

And my assistant has been no help, either.  She is giving me that "What's wrong",  I see lots of new toys hanging from the tree. She can't wait to get into mischief.  I can just see it in her eyes.

Then I get the old, who me, I'm innocent,  look.


Hope you are all having a great Holiday Season. 

Don't stress, enjoy the season, your family and friends. Somehow we always manage to get done what needs to be done. And, the rest, well that just isn't important.  It is more important to concentrate on people and the season rather than killing yourself getting everything perfect and ending up so exhausted you miss the entire meaning of the season however you celebrate.  So, enjoy the people around you and save some time and energy to be with them this year.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment