Monday, December 14, 2015

How to Keep Your Stainless Steel Sink Sparkling for Pennies.




Just a quick post on how I keep my stainless steel sink sparkling.  We are all using our kitchens overtime during the Holiday Season.  And our poor sinks can take a beating.  My sink is over 30 years old and still shines like new.

My secret, aluminum foil, yep, foil.  Plain old aluminum foil.
I make a little pad of foil by folding a larger piece, about 6 inches,  into a pad about the size of the palm of my hand.


The first thing I do is give the entire sink a scrub with just water and foil.  Rinse.  Then go over the sink again with a little dish soap added.  

That's it.  My sink looks great, shiny and sparkling.  And it probably costs less than a penny. No chemicals to harm the environment, no fumes, no residue.

I do wear rubber gloves when I do this because the foil will turn your skin dark and I don't want that on my hands.

Not bad for a sink from the 1980's.



Happy Cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment