Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Dollar Store Christmas Tray

Here is one more quick Christmas craft I made using Dollar Store finds.

I wanted something simple and shiny over my stove for the Holidays to bring out the shiny back splash I have over my stove.  So off to the Dollar store to see what I could use.  I found this round silvery tray which would be a perfect fit.  And grabbed a package of clear snowflakes.

Found this graphic on Pinterest and of course I sized it to fit the tray center, printed it on white card stock paper and cut it out.  Centered it on the tray and used hot glue to attach.  

How could we ever live without hot Glue?  The world just wouldn't be the same.



Next I dry brushed gesso in a few places around the edge to resemble snow and when that was dry I highlighted the snow with iridescent snowy glitter.   Attached the snowflakes with hot glue.




Added some red glitter glue to the bow, punched a whole with my Crop-a-dile in the top of the tray and added some green string for hanging.

Simple, easy, fast, cost $2.00 and a little glitter, glue and string. And it added a perfect accent to the wall above my stove.

(Tomorrow I will share my simple wall treatment above the stove area.)


Happy Crafting!






No comments:

Post a Comment