Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Dollar Store Altered Nesting Boxes


On a trip to our local Dollar Store I found this trio of stacked and nested boxes.  They where nice but the wrong color for my decor.



I gave them a coat of white chalk paint then went to the Graphics Fairy site for some french graphics.  I sized them on my computer, printed them and cut them out.
Next, I used Mod Podge to adhere my graphics to the boxes.  Added a couple of lace medallions to the sides.  Then painted the sides of the lids with Martha Stewart's gold acrylic paint and added a pearl medallion to the front center.



On the top I added another graphic on each lid plus a bird, bee and butterfly, one to each lid.  
On the corners I glued a flat back pearl.  They act as a border or bumper keeping the boxes from sliding off easily.  



I had a graphic left over so made a coordinating picture.  Again painted a 5" x 7" Dollar Store frame white and distressed.   Also distressed the collage image I created on my computer.  Added a tag from my stash to the corner of the frame with a little tea stained vintage lace for the bow. And at the bottom  center I added a matching pearl medallion.



Happy Crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment