Monday, November 30, 2015

Shabby Chic Dream Catcher





For this project I used a wooden embroidery hoop, strips of torn muslin, vintage doily, lace pieces, flower petals, found feathers, rhinestones and fibers

I began by wrapping the hoop with torn strips of muslin, hot gluing the ends and wrapping the wreath with bits of lace lengths, hot gluing them as I went.  Next,  I found a doily from my collection to fit the wreath and tied it to the hoop with the fibers pieces.

I added feathers to the left and right points of the doily.

 

I added bits of lace to the doily and a few flower petals with a rhinestone in the center.


I tore strips of unbleached muslin and tied several to the bottom of the hoop on each side and glued flower petals along the fabric strips.  On the center I tied fiber and white rick rack with feathers glued on to the ends.

fiber, feathers, rick rack and a couple of beads for bling


vintage doily with pieces of lace and petals



doily tied to hoop with fiber pieces 



Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment