Thursday, November 26, 2015

EZ Shabby Paper Angel's Wings


Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  I hope you are all enjoying the day with good food and good family and friends.  Wishing you all a wonderful day.

 Every year I know it is Autumn just looking out my front door at my neighbors tree.  It has the most spectacular red color.


Now for today's post.
I have been seeing angel wings everywhere.  I really like them but have no room for a large set of wings.

 I decided to make a small set of wings out of paper using paper pattern tissue, cardstock and scrapbook paper.

I began by drawing out my wings on cardstock, cut them out then cut my pattern paper tissue into strips about 2 inches wide and as long as I could make them.

Using my hot glue gun I began at the bottom of the wings gluing in rows and pleating as I went to make ruffles.


At the top center I add a medallion of crepe paper first then added a handmade pink crepe paper flower edged with silver glitter and a clear rhinestone .

Next I highlighted the ruffles with white gesso and distressed the edges with brown distress ink.


The back side I covered with scrapbook paper then added seam binding to hang the wings.

These measure about 10'" X 12".


back side

Happy Thanksgiving and 
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment