Thursday, November 12, 2015

Altered Styrofoam Head







While wandering through a second hand store I came across a styrofoam head.  Just what I had been looking for to hold hats and earrings.


The first thing I did was to give the head a coat of Gesso. When that was dry I drew a light pencil drawing of the features I wanted her to have. Then I got out my acrylic paints and started filling in the areas with color.

Decided on a Flapper style for her.


I highlighted her black hair with gray and white paint and along her hairline I painted a darker tan line than her skin tone to give dimension and shadow.



She has a vintage 1920's Flapper lip shape.




Before painting I bent a piece of wire into a "U" shape, glued the ends and inserted into the styrofoam so she could model a pair of earrings besides modeling my hats for me.



Around her neck I made a flowing scarf and added a few mulberry flowers for decorations.


Happy Crafting!







No comments:

Post a Comment