Monday, November 9, 2015

Gold Ladies Pocket Watch Necklace

On our trip to Genoa, NV. a couple of months ago I found this little antique gold watch case in one of the Antique Stores.  No watch, just the empty case at a very reasonable price.  I had been on the lookout for one to make into a necklace for quite some time.


 I attached the watch case to an element with a the Eiffel Tower I found on sale at Michael's. The little brass key attached to the top of the element.  Both are connected to a black beaded chain.  At the end of the beaded chain I added large linked brass chain to make the piece adjustable in length.


On the piece with the Eiffel Tower I used Glossy accents to adhere the red rhinestone.



The mechanism to the case works just fine, so on the inside I cut a piece of vintage patterned scrapbook paper and glued in place with Glossy Accents then added another key, a watch face and 3 more red rhinestones with more Glossy Accents.




Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment