Friday, March 3, 2017

DIY Faux French Olive Jar





I decided it was time for another remake on this jar.  Last year I painted it blue and gave it a summer theme.




This time I decided to give it the look of a vintage French olive jar. This was a pretty simple makeover.  The first thing I did was to coat the entire jar with "Timeless" chalk paint.






Next I used two colors of green acrylic paint mixed together to paint the top portion of the jar.






Here is the look I was going for.  An original jar can sell for as much as $2,000.00 to $3,000.00.  Way out of my budget.  



So, I made my Fax version of the jar.

After the paint was dry  I used a distress ink to age my piece.



And lastly I gave the green paint a coat of Mod Podge to give it a glazed appearance.  It was such a gorgeous day I took the jar outside to dry.  Today was in the mid 60"s.  Such a beautiful day, definitely can feel Spring in the air.




And here it is all dry and back in the hallway in front of my mural.




And filled with greenery.





Happy crafting!







No comments:

Post a Comment