Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Redecorating Our Powder Room




We have a tiny Powder Room off our downstairs hallway.  When I say tiny I mean tiny.  It is about
 4 feet by 5 feet. 

My favorite color has always been purple and for some crazy reason, a few years ago,  I thought that small room would look good painted dark purple even though I like soft colors.


room cleared out and mirror down



I have never been happy with that color choice but was having a hard time choosing the right color.  You may remember a couple of weeks ago I found the darling little bisque plaque with cherubs.  One look at it and I knew what color to paint the room or should I say colors.



I chose Agreeable Gray for the walls and Tricorn Black for the ceiling.  I know it probably sounds crazy.  That tiny room has no windows, so it is a very dark spot in the house, but I still wanted a dramatic color scheme.



ceiling color

wall color

I have already changed out the flooring.


And today I managed to clear everything out of the room and do the cut in work for the walls.  Tomorrow I will paint the walls and hopefully cut in for the black ceiling. 





I also have some mirrored acrylic star stickers on order I plan to adhere to the ceiling.  They aren't scheduled to arrive until the end of the month so my paint will be well cured before I attach them to the ceiling. They will add some drama to the black ceiling.




Everything I plan to put back into the room like the cabinets and shelves will be getting a new coat of paint, too. 
No more purple in here!




Happy Decorating!




No comments:

Post a Comment