Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Powder Room Storage




Since the powder room I just finish painting doesn't have any storage I have had to get creative.  I had this cabinet in the room when it was purple.   So of course I had painted this purple, too.



before


For the new look I painted this cabinet the same as the wall color and change the screen color on the doors to black and added black to the knobs.

I also changed out the paper from behind the screen to a soft blue green the matches other decor in the room.  I just used two colors of coordinating papers and taped them to the inside of the two doors.


after

This paper has a bit of sparkle around the polka dots.




Likewise, for the tissue holder I added a center panel painted to match the wall color and black for the knob to match the ceiling.


before


Now the room has a much calmer feeling and everything coordinates and looks more cohesive and pulled together.

after

I also added a little bling with a tall candle holder, about 3 feet tall,  dripping with crystals.  This is a faux candle that has a timer that comes on every night.  Works great as a nightlight, too.




Happy Decorating!





No comments:

Post a Comment